The digital marketing funnel is a popular term used in today’s marketing environment, but what does it really mean? If you’re looking for a succinct definition, it might be something like “a model of a customer journey.”
Yet, of course, this is a very simple version of an extremely complex topic. In our blog, we are going to present the unique elements of this Digital Marketing Funnel and how it relates to local businesses.
With so many platforms available, and lots of jargon, digital marketing can quickly get overwhelming. Today, we’ll help out with that. We’ll be addressing a few of the most important components of the funnel, and how tactics can improve the funnel’s effectiveness.
Read on to learn more!
The Role of a Website in a Digital Marketing Funnel
A digital marketing funnel comprises all of the components of the customer journey, and what’s better than a website? Moreover, our team typically coins a website to be the ‘hub’ of the funnel.
When you have social media platforms, local listing sites, ads, and more pointing somewhere, they’re going to point to your website.
Thus, it is vital to ensure that your website is strong as the foundation of your digital marketing funnel. If the website isn’t mobile responsive, full of excellent content, or has confusing navigation, you could lose potential customers.
Some of the key components of website include:
- Mobile responsiveness
- Quality content
- Load times
- Call-to-action items located on the pages
- Excellent information for your products or services
- Clear steps to take to proceed
- Evidence of top-tier products or services via testimonials or highlights
When crafting your website, there are literally thousands of unique tools that you can use. Our team specializes in identifying and implementing the best tools for a clients’ situation.
Although SEO can direct people to your website, a Digital Marketing Funnel typically has additional components, or ‘arms’. Social media is an excellent example of this.
Read on to learn more about social media in your digital marketing funnel.
How Does Social Media Impact the Funnel?
So your digital marketing funnel has a strong foundational website, and that’s great news – an excellent first step. Yet, do your other platforms pass the same test?
The perpetual question is, “How will people find my business or organization?” With this in mind, we realize that social media platforms, and local listing platforms such as Google Business Profile, must be optimized and fully completed.
Whether discussing the proper branding, full service descriptions, or contact information, a business would be operating at a handicap if any of this information were lacking.
There are essentially two excellent reasons for incorporating excellent social media platforms to your digital marketing funnel:
- Your posts, or your engagement with other platforms, could lead to your organization being more ‘noticed’ online. This enhanced visibility can drive traffic to your website.
- Alternatively, somebody may find your website, or see an ad – in other words, they may arrive at your social media platform via another channel. Once they arrive at the platform, what will they see? Nothing? A half-baked page? Or, will they see a fully populated page with fresh, engaging content?
Fundamentally, you don’t have to be a business professional to see the difference. A fully fleshed out social media profile will make your business more professional and trustworthy, no matter whether they find the profile first or second in the funnel.
Once your website and additional platforms are optimized, your digital marketing funnel is well on it’s way to success. Yet, once some of the funnel components are constructed, how will individuals find your content or pages?
Read on to learn how.
Driving Leads to Your Digital Marketing Funnel
A digital marketing funnel is a living, breathing beast – it must be maintained, and it must be attended to almost every day for the best results.
Ultimately, there is a lot of energy that goes into creating an effective digital marketing funnel and ensuring that it is maintained – hence why many businesses turn towards Digital Marketing companies or agencies rather than handling the funnel internally.
When the website and social platforms are built, we would immediately recommend filling the pages with content – Blogs, posts, testimonials, media, and much more.
Here are three ways that traffic can then be generated – while there are more, these are three that we use every day:
- Organic SEO – By populating the right kind of content on your website and platforms, you can drive search traffic to your platforms. There is a whole world of SEO – connect with us to learn more.
- Engagement and Relationship-building – Once the platforms are built, you can engage with other creators, businesses, and potential collaborators. Relationships are always a win!
- Paid Advertising – If you’re looking for a quick burst of traffic, paid advertising could play an important role in your digital marketing funnel. While our team prefers to provide organic, long-term growth with written SEO, paid advertising can be an excellent supplementary or primary traffic method through Google or social media.
Are you ready to get started with your digital marketing funnel?
Connect With Our Team to Learn More
Is the digital marketing funnel sounding interesting to you? At IT Edge, our team has dedicated over 30 years to giving quality technology solutions to our clients.
Whether you’re interested in starting your digital marketing funnel foundation with a new website, or making adjustments to your platforms, our team is ready to help.
We look forward to hearing from you!