Keeping QuickBooks Enterprise in Tip-Top Shape
by Nick Volpe
If you are a user of QuickBooks Enterprise software, we suggest that you take a couple of quick steps on a regular basis in an effort to avoid data corruption issues. We have found over time, that QuickBooks data can become corrupt. By running the Rebuild function, you are having QB repair itself. The preferred steps are as follows:
- Get all other users out of QB
- Switch to Single User Mode
- Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild
- It will force you to make a backup, so please do so.
- When its done, go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
If that comes back with no errors, you are done. If you get errors, repeat the Rebuild and Verify functions. We have seen it take 2 rebuilds in some instances to fix things completely. We recommend running this weekly or worst case, monthly.
If you would like assistance, or have any questions, let us know and well get it scheduled.